Posted On: February 20th, 2023 8:02PM
If you’re looking for a place to call home, Tolleson, Arizona may be worth considering. Located in the West Valley of Phoenix, this small town offers plenty of benefits and a few drawbacks that should be considered before deciding whether it’s right for you.
1. The Cost Of Living is Low – With an average cost of living index significantly lower than both state and national averages, Tolleson makes it easy on your wallet. Housing costs are especially low compared to other parts of the Valley so if you’re looking for a more affordable option then this could be perfect for you!
2. It's A Short Drive To Major Cities – Despite its size, Tolleson is only 20 minutes from downtown Phoenix making it possible to easily access the city without having to live there full time. Plus with nearby cities like Glendale and Avondale also just around the corner, there are lots of options available when it comes to entertainment or day trips out!
3. Great Local Amenities – Although smaller than some other towns in the area, Tolleson still has plenty to offer in terms of amenities including grocery stores and restaurants as well as parks and recreational facilities such as golf courses and swimming pools which make spending time outdoors enjoyable all year round!
1. Limited Job Opportunities – As a smaller town with fewer businesses than larger cities nearby job opportunities can sometimes be limited which could make finding employment difficult at times depending on what type of career path one is pursuing.
2. Hot Summers – Anyone who lives in Arizona knows that summers can get pretty hot here but because Tolleson lies further west than many other areas within Phoenix metro they tend to experience some extreme temperatures during certain months so keep that in mind when preparing for any outdoor activities during these periods!
3. Crime Rate Is Higher Than Average - Unfortunately due its location near Interstate 10 crime rates have been higher than average which means residents need take extra precautions when out walking or driving late at night or leaving valuables unattended outside their homes etc… This doesn't mean however that life here is dangerous by any means since most people report feeling safe overall just something worth bearing in mind given how close proximity we are from major highways/freeways etc...
All things considered though living in Tolleson has its pros and cons like anywhere else but if affordability combined with easy accessibility into downtown Phoenix sounds appealing then definitely give this little town a look before deciding where your next home will be located!