Kristin LaVanway

DRE: SA560275000


(480) 282-7464
(602) 230-7600 (Office)

Neighborhoods

Fraser Fields

Fraser Fields is historic neighborhood located near the up and coming Downtown Mesa. Wide streets, expansive and immaculate lawns and charming vintage homes with wide, sweeping facades, most built in the 1950's, give this community and warm and nostalgic vibe. Mid-century architecture is represented by the quality and craftsmanship of the era with a variety of architectural styles (there was no single builder).

 

The  Fraser Fields Local Historic District is a significant part of the reservation of Mesa's heritage. For more about this community, visit the City of Mesa Historic District site.

West Second Street Historic District

West Second Street Historic District is the oldest historic district in Mesa and has the most diverse architectural styles that any other district.

The West Second Street Historic District is bounded generally by North Robson Street on the west and North Center Street on the east and extends along West Second Street and portions of North Macdonald Street.  This historic district is significant for its architectural merits and its historic association with the evolution of Mesa's most prominent early 1900s middle and upper-class families.

Glenwood/Wilbur Historic District

The Wilbur Street Historic District is found within the original Mesa town site limits and is composed of three residential subdivisions platted between 1919 and 1922. The architectural styles within the district reflect the different period of development characteristics of the City of Mesa. The Bungalow is the most dominant architectural style in the neighborhood.


This district serves as an excellent example of the process of community development which changed Mesa from a pastoral, agricultural community to more closely match the growing urban populations of Phoenix, Glendale, and Tempe.

 

Evergreen Historic District

The Evergreen Historic District consists of subdivisions that were platted beyond the original town site of Mesa. This process of subdivision outside the original town site was an important factor in the expansion of Mesa. This was a significant change in the community development of Mesa and the Evergreen Historic District is importantly associated with the process.The developers called it a "beautiful new addition" to the town of Mesa.

Temple Historic District

The Temple Historic District is found immediately east of the original townsite and is composed primarily of two residential subdivisions. The expansion of Mesa into this particular area outside the original townsite is closely related to the construction of the LDS Arizona Temple, completed in 1927. The styles of the houses here are a visual record of the popular trends in Mesa’s residential architecture in the early twentieth century.

Robson Historic District

This district is composed of commercial properties on the western and northern boundaries and residential buildings throughout the rest of the district. The scale and ornamentation of these homes was modest, unlike the homes found in the West Second Street neighborhood to the east. Although the original neighborhood has suffered from modern infill along its edges, in particular, along Country Club Drive, and University Drive, it retains a high degree of integrity at its interior. 

West Side-Clark Historic District

The West Side-Clark Addition Historic District is located immediately west of the original townsite of Mesa, Arizona. The district takes its name from the West Side Addition, the earliest subdivision platted in the neighborhood, and form the Clark family that was associated with the establishment of three of the four subdivisions.