I will walk you through the buying process and make your buying experience pleasurable, timely and stress free!
If you're thinking about buying a home, the first thing you should do is focus on exactly what you're looking for. Start by establishing your priorities in these three areas:
- Location: How will the location of schools, shops and transportation affect your choice of neighborhoods?
- Personal tastes: How large a home do you need? What style of architecture do you prefer? On what kind of lot?
- Budget: How much home is wise for you to own?
There is also the question of whether or not to buy a new home. New homes tend to have more spacious living and family rooms, and they're generally easier to maintain. However, many homes built years ago offer more total space for the money and larger yards. Taxes may also be lower.
Steps I will walk my Buyers through...
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage, check your credit report, type of mortgage, shop for best rates and programs.
- Determine your wants and needs: style of home, size, price, location, etc.
- Explain the process, timing involved and numerous forms that will be signed
- Check out the neighborhoods, schools, crime rate, traffic, zoning, and commuting distance.
- Rely on my expertise and resources. I am full of resources that I will proudly share.
- Do the due diligence and research on your property of interest.
- Visit the town or city hall to learn of any zoning changes, liens, easements, or other restrictions.
- I will prepare a property value study, and ask the seller if there are any other offers and his motivation for selling, deadlines, etc.
- Conduct home inspections and other inspections.
- Prepare your offer and negotiate.
- Take advantage of the inspection contingencies in your offer and get thorough inspections to eliminate any surprises after you move in.
- Use the inspection report to renegotiate, if necessary.
- Conduct final negotiations.
- Do a walk-through inspection prior to closing.
- Visit your new home one last time before sitting down at the closing table to make sure everything is as you expect it to be.
- Be present at the close of Escrow and make sure you close on time!