Posted On: December 12th, 2017 7:46PM
This 2 bedroom, brick Georgian home has new owners!
If you are thinking of selling your home, you can count on me for trusted, hard-working representation.
I implement a comprehensive marketing strategy for all my sellers.
Posted On: September 4th, 2017 7:08PM
For many of us homeownership is an essential part of adulthood; like earning our own money, investing it and putting down roots. Just like our parents and grandparents did before us. As a REALTOR®, I have been asked on occasion what the benefits of owning a home are.
If you are currently renting, know that while you might not have maintenance or mortgage repayments, the money you pay monthly toward rent has no ROI (Return of Investment). What you are paying in rent could be going toward owning a home and accruing equity.
As buying a home is one of the biggest financial commitments most of us will ever make, let’s consider these five benefits of homeownership:
1. Investing in our future. Most other large purchases, a car for example, will devaluate over time and even though the property market has had a few lows over the years; the national median prices of homes has gone up. Monthly payment against a mortgage reduces part of the capital of the loan so that the debt decreases as the price of the property continues to rise, allowing you to collect equity for further investment.
2. Tax benefits. The interest paid into a mortgage is tax deductible, especially in the first years when a larger amount of the monthly repayment is toward interest. Private mortgage insurance and purchases related to the home are also tax deductible.
3. No increases. With a fixed-rate mortgage you will be paying the same amount for its duration. This will never be the case when renting because of likely yearly escalations. The extra money in your budget allows for other investments.
4. Home improvements. Changes can be made to your own home according to your needs and additions and improvements increase its value. Due to equity collected over the years the financing for these alterations will be easier. When renting, most people have to move as family needs change which can be financially and emotionally draining.
5. Benefit Socially. Studies have shown that people who don’t move around a lot have less emotional stress and are more involved with their communities, establish lifelong friendships and don’t need to disrupt the schooling of the children.
Yes, I am biased as a REALTOR®, but I always counsel my clients based on their particular needs. Let’s talk soon if you are thinking about a purchase, especially if it’s your first time buying.
Posted On: August 28th, 2017 6:31PM
Just listed this great home in Elmwood Park. Give me a call to schedule a showing or learn more about its wonderful features, 708-296-1221.
A lighted front walk and vibrant landscaping make this 3-bedroom, updated Georgian-style brick home a delight to visit and call home. Well-cared for it, it shows throughout; from the pristine hardwood flooring to the updated kitchen with eat-in bar, to the fully-finished basement. A new roof in 2017 and newer windows throughout add value. The main level offers a large living area that flows to the kitchen/dining, with french doors that lead to a back deck and welcoming back yard with sitting area. Entertain with ease, the kitchen has it all; stainless appliances, custom tile backsplash, countertops, custom cabinetry, sink, and a lovely backyard view. All beds are located on the 2nd floor, with the master bedroom boasting hardwoods. The full second level updated bath has neutral tones, updated counter tops, and a tub/shower combination. The secondary beds are roomy with nice views of the quaint neighborhood. Enjoy the remodeled within five years, and fully-finished basement with a ceramic tile heated floor, full-sized washer and dryer space, and full bath featuring a glass-surround shower with seat. Take the trellised walkway to the all brick 2-car detached garage, surrounded by pretty flower beds. Neighbor offers a treed privacy screen.