The Scott Hagues Real Estate BLog
Posted On: July 12th, 2020 8:05PM
Here is a list for you
1. Spouses of personnel who died in service or from a service
connected disability and have not remarried before age 57.
2. Spouses of prisoners of war or those listed as missing in action.
3. Spouses receiving Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
(DIC) benefits even if the veteran’s death was not service
4. Spouses of 100% disabled veterans whose death was not service
Posted On: July 12th, 2020 6:46PM
Who is Eligible for a VA Loan?
The standard VA Loan is available to most members of the wider military community. All veterans and currently serving personnel are eligible for a loan so long as they meet the following criteria:
- If discharged, it must have been under any circumstances other than dishonorable.
- For active duty or veterans of the active military, they must have served a minimum of 90 days in wartime or 181 days in peacetime.
- For current or former reservists and National Guard personnel, they must have served a minimum of six credible years and received an honorable discharge or retirement.
- All time in service requirements are waived for individuals discharged for service connected disabilities or medically retired.
There’s no minimum credit score required to qualify with the VA. However, some lenders who fund VA Home Loans may have minimum credit requirements, therefore, make sure you speak to your lender.
My preferred Lender and business partner - https://www.loandepot.com/loan-officers/pdevries
My Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/HomeSmart.ScottHagues/
Source of info - https://blog.ahrn.com/va-home-loan/