Real Estate Tips
Meet with your Real Estate Agent, Jeanette Tolman, Associate Broker with HomeSmart: Discuss the type of home you're looking for, including style, price, and location. Create a clear picture of what your goals are regarding a new home.
- The Buyer's Advantage: As the home buyer, my commission is paid by the seller of the home in almost all circumstances. This means your representation costs you nothing!
- Get Pre-Approved: I am happy to refer you to a few great mortgage lenders. They will walk you through the process of getting pre-approved and show you the best loan products available for your unique needs. Knowing what you can afford is critical to a successful home shopping experience
- Search for Homes: The fun part! I will research and provide you a personalized MLS search and will schedule showings to help you find the perfect home.
- Advanced Search: Not all real estate websites are the same. I have the best tools and systems to ensure you see every available home that meets your criteria.
- Make an Offer: Once you select a home you’d like to buy, I will prepare your offer based on the price and terms you choose.
- Negotiation and Contract: I’ll negotiate the best price and terms, giving my full fiduciary duties to you. This is a process requiring expertise, but hang in there. You're on your way!
- The Contract: In most cases the contract provides you with a timeline to obtain financing as well as time to inspect the physical condition of the home. I will inform you of all your rights and responsibilities related to the contract.
- Under Contract or In Escrow: At this point, you and the seller have agreed to the price and terms and have a binding contract. The home is effectively held for you until closing.
- Final Details: During this period, we will perform due diligence, order the appraisal, conduct an inspection, and review terms with the lender. I will support and guide you through each step of the process.
- Preparing for Closing: You will be finalizing your loan, reviewing documents, and resolving any findings from the inspection. I’ll manage this entire process for you.
- Closing: This is when we meet with the seller and finalize the transfer of funds and ownership. A title company or an attorney typically acts as an independent third party to facilitate the closing.
- Handing you the Keys: This is the exciting moment where all is signed, sealed and delivered and I have the privilege of handing you the keys to your new home.
Jeanette Tolman, REALTOR®