Posted On: June 28th, 2016 9:23PM
It is outdoor season here in Chicago, which means Summer is in full-swing. Take advantage of the warm weather to do some house care and perform check-up items.
- Use the sunshine to work on your perfect outdoor living area.
- Clean the grill, pull out the patio furniture, stain the deck, or even look into adding a fireplace or fire pit.
- Keep fences and gates in good repair for years to come by adding a fresh coat of paint or clear wood sealant.
- Clean the flower beds.
- Make sure trees and shrubs aren’t getting to close to fences as branches and roots can cause damage.
- While you are outdoors, take a walk around your home and check for cracks. Even a small crack that doesn’t pose a structural threat can let in water or pests.
- Clean your gutters and consider gutter guards. And inspect driveway and walk ways. Make repairs as needed.
And a few tips for Inside...
- Vacuum air duct grills and bathroom fan grill. Inspect your dryer’s lint duct.
- Disconnect it from the dryer and vacuum out line from the duct and areas surrounding your dryer.
- Have a thorough termite inspection if you don’t currently have a termite service.