Posted On: March 12th, 2018 6:04PM
5 REASONS TO VISIT NEW ORLEANS IN THE SPRING
ANYTIME is a GREAT time to visit NOLA ! But the Springtime is the most beautiful !
HERE ARE 5 REASONS TO VISIT NOLA IN THE SPRING
1. NEW ORLEANS IN BLOOM —The azaleas are in abundance, magnolias are in bloom, and the Japanese magnolias are in rare form. Nothing makes the St. Louis Cathedral look more beautiful than the adornment of pink blooms. The homes uptown in the garden district look extra special at this time of year, and a trip on the streetcar invites a beautiful view.
2. FESTIVALS— The French Quarter Festival has grown to a world renowned affair. There are 3 full days of eating and drinking at some of the finest restaurants and bars in New Orleans. All within a stroll of the historic French Quarter. And it is FREE if you just want to walk around and enjoy the vast assortment of bands sprinkled from one end of the quarter to the other. It is now all day on Friday , so lots of opportunity to get out there and enjoy.
Just a few weeks later is the very popular JAZZ FEST . This well known event features some of the finest music anywhere, some from artists who are legends ! And you can find any kind of food from A to Z ! Favorites include : Crawfish Monica, Mango freeze, Cochon de Lait po-boys, and Crawfish bread. And for dessert the white chocolate bread pudding is delicious ! Walk around, bowse the crafts, listen to the best music anywhere, and eat to your hearts desire !!
3. SEAFOOD —- Our abundant seafood is delectable at this time of year. Oysters are still plentiful, and it is the start of CRAWFISH SEASON ! Fresh gulf shrimp and fish are wonderful , and no one does seafood better than New Orleans chefs ! Fried seafood, grilled seafood, stews, po-boys, salads —-in New Orleans, you can find any kind of seafood you could want.
4. SPRING WEATHER —- Of course it could be springtime weather here even in December, but March and April are so pleasant here in NOLA. Usually in the 60′s and 70′s, a delightful time to stroll around and take in the sights ! My favorite spring activity as a local , is riding the streetcar down the most beautiful street I know–St. Charles Ave. You can ride all the way to downtown and then easily walk into the quarter .
5. NOT TOO CROWDED — Mardi Gras and sports activities bring thousands of visitors to NOLA. By the time spring arrives, those are over , and you can enjoy strolling around the French Quarter with ease. Visit the square, shop for antiques, get a table at a restaurant — great time of year to take advantage of what we have to offer .
So, if you are planning to visit the New Orleans area in the future, pick the Spring for a wonderful experience.