A lot of sellers don't listen to their real estate agents, or they are afraid to tell you the truth about your home -- but here goes.
Nobody can get you the price you want unless your home
is in pristine move-in condition!
- No sticking drawers in the kitchen.
- No leaning fences.
- No rust-stained plumbing fixtures.
- No toothpick holder collection in the kitchen.
- No sports trophies in the family room.
- No litter of new puppies.
- No work trucks in the driveway.
and the list goes on.
Your home needs to look like nobody lives there except Martha Stewart. If you have even one of following "turn-offs," your home won't sell.
Buyers can get instantly turned off. Here are their five biggest turn-offs:
1. Overpricing for the market
4. Deferred maintenance
5. Dark, dated décor
So if you are a buyer, this is an opportunity. Put on some "rose colored glasses" and try to look past everything you see that you wouldn't have in your home. When you take ownership of the home - all that "stuff" won't be there!